IAPT is pleased to present these upcoming Play Therapy Trainings! Check back for more info on later trainings.
APT Approved Provider #07-195
Approved Provider status is granted by the Association for Play Therapy; this allows registrants to earn credit at IAPT programs towards their Registered Play Therapist or Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor credentials.
Upcoming IAPT Workshops
Follow the links below for more information on upcoming trainings from IAPT.
- We currently do not have any upcoming IAPT workshops scheduled. Check back soon!
2021 Annual Fall Conference
Masks Required for This Event (Updated 8/23/21)
With the continued risk of COVID-19 and the Delta variant, the IAPT Board has decided to require masks at our 2021 annual conference. All participants will be required to wear a mask covering both their nose and mouth while in conference areas. Participants may remove masks for eating or drinking only.
While we realize that this policy may not appeal to everyone, the Board believes that we have both personal and professional responsibilities to protect people in our communities. Our policy recognizes that many of us may be at higher risk ourselves or be adjacent to those who are high-risk. Additionally, as all of us work with children who are not yet able to be vaccinated, the Board views our responsibility to mask as a professional ethical responsibility to protect the young clients we serve. Appreciating that the pandemic has greatly affected our abilities to enjoy life in ways we were previously used to, IAPT has implemented this policy to allow us all to gather as safely as possible.
Follow the links below for detailed information and registration.
- Wednesday Night Supervision Workshop: Play Therapy Supervision: Recognizing & Managing Countertransference (3 Contact CEs) with Jennifer Null
- Two-Day Conference:
- Thursday: The Secret Ingredient to Long-lasting Play Therapy Results: Family Approaches to Play Therapy (6 Contact CEs) with Risë VanFleet
- Friday: Play-Based Interventions for Children and Families with Trauma and Attachment Challenges (6 Contact CEs) with Risë VanFleet
2022 Spring One-Day Conference
April 8 in Cedar Falls
IAPT is excited to announce our new annual spring one-day conference to provide you even more learning opportunities.
Previous Annual Fall Conferences
2020 Annual Conference:
- Jungian Analytical Play Therapy: A Deeper Understanding of Children’s Play, presented by J.P. Lilly (September 10 & 11, 2020)
- Ethics & Other Expectations of Play Therapist, presented by Dr. Kristin Meany-Walen (Sept. 9, 2020)
2019 Annual Conference:
- A Relationally Sensitive Neurobiological Approach to Play Therapy, presented by Dr. Rick Gaskill (September 12 & 13, 2019)
- Supervision in Play Therapy: Integrating Therapist Wellness, presented by Dr. Kristin Meany-Walen (September 11, 2019)
2018 Annual Conference:
- Play Therapy with Teens & Tweens: Individual & Family Interventions, presented by Dr. Jeff Ashby (September 13, 2018)
- Play Therapy with Angry & Aggressive Clients, presented by Dr. Jeff Ashby (September 14, 2018)
- The Ethics of Play Therapy in a Changing World, presented by Dr. Jeff Ashby (September 12, 2018)
2017 Annual Conference:
- Expressive Arts and Play Therapy Strategies for Adolescents, presented by Dr. Kara Holt (September 14, 2017)
- Healing Rational Trauma & Attachments Through Humanistic Play Therapy, presented by Dr. Kara Holt (September 15, 2017)
- The Journey Within: Play Therapy & Expressive Art Strategies for Counseling Supervision (September 13, 2017)
2016 Annual Conference:
- Innovative Evidence-Based Interventions for Traumatized Children, presented by Liana Lowenstein (September 22, 2016)
- Creative Family Therapy Techniques, presented by Liana Lowenstein (September 23, 2016)
- Ethics for Play Therapists, presented by Dr. Kristin Meany-Walen (September 21, 2016)
- Integrating Play Therapy Theories and EMDR, presented by Kim Feeney, Denise Folsom, & JaCarie Owens (August 28, 2021)
- Working with the Courts as a Play Therapist, presented by Kate Haberman (August 27, 2021)
- Expanding Expression: Utilization of Art-Based Interventions in Play Therapy, presented by Kim Feeney & Madison Musson (April 17, 2021)