IAPT is pleased to present these upcoming Play Therapy Trainings! Check back for more info on later trainings.
APT Approved Provider #07-195
Approved Provider status is granted by the Association for Play Therapy; this allows registrants to earn credit at IAPT programs towards their Registered Play Therapist or Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor credentials.
Expanding Expression: Utilization of Art-Based Interventions in Play Therapy
Saturday, April 17, 1:00-4:00 CDT
Online Registration: https://iowaassociationforplaytherapy.regfox.com/expandingexpression
Presented by the Iowa Play Therapy Association & Iowa Art Therapy Association
- Participants will learn and apply art therapy and expressive arts concepts to play therapy frameworks.
- Participants will learn and identify ways to implement the Expressive Art Therapies Continuum, including play therapy, into their clinical applications with individuals, relationships/families, and groups.
- Participants will learn and identify ways to implement trauma-informed approaches, including play therapy and expressive arts, into their clinical applications with individuals, relationships/families, and groups.
- Participants will learn and implement somatic-based approaches in treating mental health concerns, including the utilization of polyvagal and sensorimotor-informed expressive play and art therapies.
Madison Musson, ATR-BC, LMFT (she/they), Creatively Thriving, LLC, CreativelyThrivingLLC@gmail.com
Madison (Madi) Musson is a board certified art therapist, licensed marriage and family therapist, and certified EMDR clinician. Madi has over ten years of clinical experience in supporting children, teens, families, and communities through the use of art therapy and other trauma-focused treatment modalities. Madi currently serves as President of the Iowa Art Therapy Association. Creatively Thriving, LLC is home to Madi’s private clinical practice, where she provides masters-level practicum and internship opportunities while supporting clients with adverse life experiences such as loss, grief, and complex trauma. Madi is passionate about supporting marginalized populations, including those identifying as BIPOC, gender diverse, or sexually diverse
Kim Feeney, LISW, RPT-S (she/her/hers), Butterfly Beginnings Counseling, email@example.com
Kim has been practicing play therapy for ten years. She has experience working with children and families in agency, private practice and school settings. She specializes in clients with trauma, anxiety, and life transitions. Kim has a group private practice, Butterfly Beginnings Counseling in Davenport, IA. Kim is a certified Adlerian Play Therapy consultant with LEAPT.
Previous Annual Conferences
2020 Annual Conference:
- Jungian Analytical Play Therapy: A Deeper Understanding of Children’s Play, presented by J.P. Lilly (September 10 & 11, 2020)
- Ethics & Other Expectations of Play Therapist, presented by Dr. Kristin Meany-Walen (Sept. 9, 2020)