IAPT is pleased to present these upcoming Play Therapy Trainings! Click on a training for more info and to register. Check back for more info on later trainings.
Play Therapy with Transgender & Gender Nonconforming Youth & Their Families
Transgender students exist in every school district, county, city and town in the United States. Recent school surveys and other research tells us that 3% of students identify as a gender other than the one they were assigned at birth. In this play therapy workshop, participants will learn how to use therapeutic tools that they already have, acquire new interventions for working with Transgender youth and their families and find out about resources available in the QC area.
- Participants of this workshop will examine the history and philosophies of gender and gender expression through the play therapy lens.
- Participants of this workshop will discuss and process through academic evidence about the importance of gender expression and understand its worth in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will recognize culturally sensitive language when working with transgender and gender non-conforming clients.
- Participants of this workshop will be able to demonstrate at least 6-8 play therapy activities for working with gender non-conforming/transgender children and their families.
- Participants of this workshop will understand and be able to utilize the World Professional Association for Transgender Health Standards of Care in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will increase knowledge of resources and developmental practices related to transgender/gender non-conforming children in the playroom.
Register here https://eicc.augusoft.net/index.cfm?method=ClassInfo.ClassInformation&int_class_id=2355&int_category_id=1&int_sub_category_id=19&int_catalog_id=2&fbclid=IwAR1IElWSRtq5fzSxzWSTRbrrvWucKQGUvn_9fgIV0mC28prbxq83v-klDCw
PLAY THERAPY 101
Have you ever thought about working with children? Wanting to learn more about what Play Therapy is all about? Want to connect to other therapists working with kids and teens in our area? Come join IAPT for a Lunch and Learn Play Therapy 101. Bring your bag lunch and join us for an informational training about the basics of what makes up Play Therapy. You will receive 1 free CEU!
Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 12 PM – 1 PM
No registration needed!