2023 Annual Conference
September 20-22, 2023
Sheraton, West Des Moines, IA
1800 50th St, West Des Moines, IA 50266
IAPT Fall Conference-Thursday & Friday Full-Day Presentations
IAPT is pleased to welcome Franc Hudspeth, PhD, LPC-S (AR & MS), NCC, ACS, RPT-S, RPh as our presenter for our 2023 Annual Fall Conference. We will be offering two separate workshops on Thursday and Friday. Participants are able to register for one or both days.
- Thursday, September 21: Addressing the Impact of Bullying from a Complex Trauma Perspective by Utilizing Neurobiologically-Informed Play Therapy
- Friday, September 22: The Disruptive Child in Play Therapy: Conceptualizing and Treating Disruptions from All Angles
More information on the Thursday and Friday presentations can be found here.
IAPT Fall Conference-Wednesday Workshop
IAPT offers a Wednesday night workshop (5:00-8:00 p.m.) before our annual conference, offering Supervision (odd years) and Ethics (even years) on an alternating basis.
IAPT is pleased to welcome Franc Hudspeth, PhD, LPC-S (AR & MS), NCC, ACS, RPT-S, RPh, also as our presenter for our 2023 Fall Conference Wednesday Supervision Workshop, entitled: Technology and Ethics in Distance Play Therapy Supervision.
More information on the Wednesday Night Workshop can be found here.
Conference Registration Fees
We offer online registration only. Register Here!
|Both Full Days||$250||$300||$75|
|4:45-5:45||IAPT Board Meeting-Open to All|
|12:00-1:15||LUNCH & AWARDS CEREMONY|
Additional Conference Information
- Location: The conference will be held at the Sheraton in West Des Moines, IA. The address is 1800 50th St, West Des Moines, IA 50266. The temperature of the room varies, so please bring a sweater or jacket.
- Food: Lunch will be included in the cost of attending the full day workshops. There will be a continental breakfast both days, along with snacks and beverages.
- Lodging: A block of rooms has been reserved for conference participants at the Sheraton for $139 plus tax per night. You may make your reservation by calling (515) 223-1800 and indicating that you are attending the Iowa Association for Play Therapy Conference or you may reserve your room online here. Participants are responsible for obtaining their own lodging.
- Loot: Participants will be entered automatically for the prize drawings. You MUST be present to win!
- Handouts: Presentation handouts will made available as provided.
- Purpose & Intended Audience: Full day presentations will focus on play therapy theory & techniques which play therapists, social workers, counselors, psychologists, nurses, family therapists, & child psychologists will find useful in their work with children, adolescents, and families.
- Statement of Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: Neither IAPT, nor the presenters, have any conflicts of interest to declare.
- Non-Discrimination Statement: The Iowa Association for Play Therapy prohibits discrimination in educational programs, and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. The IAPT also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to training facilities.
- Vendors & Exhibitors: IAPT is fortunate to have a number of vendors and exhibitors available during our conference. A full list will be available on the conference website. Be sure to check them out.
- Raffle: Information provided soon!
- Continuing Education Credits: Each full day presentation is approved for 6.0 contact hours for the following CE types. Please reference your particular licensure requirements to determine if the program will meet your profession’s guidelines for continuing education credits for both full day workshops. Play therapy credit will not be awarded to non-mental health professionals. Certificates of attendance will be provided for a record of CE’s at no charge. We will not be providing CE certificates.
- APT Approved Provider 07-195 (Association for Play Therapy)
- Self-Evaluation/Self-Report Programs (Social Work, Psychology, Etc.)
- Photo & Video Release: As a result of your registration for the conference, you hereby consent to being photographed, videotaped, or audio-taped, by IAPT in connection with the event; provided, however, IAPT has authority to use or reproduce such photographs, video recordings, or audio recordings for IAPT educational or promotional purposes only. You understand that IAPT will not distribute such photographs, video recordings, or audio recordings for any other purpose without your further written consent and agreement. Any unauthorized reproduction, dissemination, or use of video, photography, and/or audio associated with this event is strictly prohibited.
- Cancellation Policy: Requests for refunds must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before August 15. There is a $20 administrative fee for refunds. No refunds or cancellations will be accepted after the deadline.
Questions? Email the board at email@example.com